Transactional Theory of Stress & Resilience
A ‘joined-up’ approach to minimising stress and enhancing resilience and in the workplace.
Stress is a significant problem in the workplace, associated with physical and mental ill health and its negative impact is still growing. In the UK, the proportion of working days lost due to stress, depression and anxiety rose above the 50% mark for the first time in 2018 and the COVID pandemic has had a significant negative impact on the mental wellbeing of the UK workforce.
Download our report to uncover a new approach to tackling stress and enhancing resilience and wellbeing in the workplace. Specifically, we’ll consider:
- the Transactional Theory of Stress, which incorporates recent evidence from positive psychology and human resources management and explicitly identifies resilience as a desirable characteristic
- a new two-pronged approach to managing stress and boosting wellbeing
- how to support employees in developing the skills of resilience
- how to shape work policies and practices that promote wellbeing and resilience
- how we help employers identify where and how resilience can be built
- the roles for both the employer and the employee in managing stress and building resilience in the workplace
You can unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link integrated in the newsletter. For more information, please see our privacy and data protection policy.