Performance coaching is a form of personal development, which takes place between two people, the coach and the coachee. The coach supports the coachee in identifying and working towards their goals. Performance coaching has been described as "a way of unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their own performance. It’s helping them to learn rather than teaching them.” This course provides the core skills required for successful one-to-one performance coaching.
Format & timing
One-day tutor-led workshop, from 10:00 – 16:00, with practice sessions in pairs. Delivered either face-to-face or online.
Who should attend?
Managers and leaders at all levels who want to get the best from their people.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of performance coaching
- Use the TGROW model to structure a coaching session
- Use core coaching skills, including rapport building, active listening, powerful questioning, and goal setting
- Identify the right situations for coaching
- The principles of performance coaching
- Core coaching competencies
- Establishing the coaching contract
- Building the foundations of a successful coaching relationship: confidentiality, trust and ownership
- Using the TGROW Model to structure a coaching session
- Rapport building skills
- Active listening
- Powerful questioning
- Goal setting
- Pratice coaching